Jan 11, 2010

ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS????

If this isn't motivation, then I dont know what is!!! I found this picture the other day! Its now hanging on my fridge. I played volleyball in college and believe it or not THIS IS ME JUMPING!!!!! HOLY COW!!!


I am SO proud of myself right now... I ALWAYS gain on the weekends. Whether its one pound or 3 I ALWAYS weigh more on Monday then I do on Friday. So this weekend I decided to change that pattern. I am sick of it.. So friday night we went over to a friends house. SHe had text me and said hey I made some homemade chicken soup loaded with veggies you can have! I was pumped. Cuz this lady is an awesome cook! Then we are getting ready to go over there and she says what kind of pizza do you like cuz we are gonna order some! WELL I told her I will not be having any but Jason loves any kind of meat on his.. So I go over there, smelling Papa Johns, and I eat a bowl of soup!!! I was SO dang proud of myself. We played WII Fit Plus and Wii Resorts and Im in love. I left SWEATING!!!

Then Saturday I slept in til 11!!! HOW NICE WAS THAT! Saturday my husband had to work so I made it a day with my daughter. We went and got some groceries came home and I made her a tent to have a tea party in. While she was occupied for about 2 hours doing that I cleaned the heck outa my house. Cleanest my house has been in awhile! Then Saturday night my friend Shawna was having a birthday party for her mom. Well Shawna is an AMAZING cook!! She seriously makes the best meals ever... I have a few friends that cook soooo much yummy stuff. But she was like we are having spaghetti and salad.. So Im like ok I can do this. So I get there and there are tons of healthy appetizers. She used whole wheat pasta, homemade her sauce and the dressing for the salad. When we were eating her husband was like Im not a fan of this wheat pasta and she said I did that for Heather!! How cool is that!!  This girl is amazing and she knows how much I have been struggling, so I LOVE that she took effort to assist me with this journey!!

Then Sunday was a TOTAL lazy day. We slept in til 11 again!! Whoo Whoo!!! Then took a nap around 2! It was great. It was so relaxing. Then we played wii and some board games.. All in all it was a great weekend... And when I woke up this morning I was 2 pounds LIGHTER then friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided that Monday and Tuesdays are my early days at the gym. I get up at 530!! And go hit the gym for over an hour. Its funny cuz I go to a gym where its all the Army guys and girls doing PT (physical training) so I kinda stick out cuz Im not in the same uniform as everyone else there.. BUT I go and get lost in my music and mind my business. I discovered last week that its easier for me to work out first thing in the morning then it is in the evening. I am wore out by the end of the day and the last thing on my mind is working out!

I am off to get WII FIT PLUS!!!!!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

You're doing awesome. Way to go! I can't imagine having to work out in a place where everyone is in great shape.You Rock. What an great friend you have to support you.

Mandy Abbott said...

I am so glad you have a good support system up there. I want to personally thank your friends for going above and beyond to support you. Heathers friends... Thank you. Awesome job so far. I hope you keep it up. A few tips... Early mornings are the best time to workout for many reasons. One... it's done and over with and you have the rest of the day. If you wait till night you will find millions of reasons you are too busy! And two it's better for weight loss. Granted any time of the day you work out is always good... BUT the calories you burn first thing in the morning are stored fats and glucose (what your carbs turn into)... not the ones you have eaten that day. Try to do your cardio first thing in the am without any food. If you find that you need a little something before a workout have a small piece of fruit. And remember to refuel 30 minutes after a workout. A protein shake is ideal. You can do this. Your goals are set. Don't let anything stop you this time. Find whatever motivates you and stick to it. You have a great start to a long road ahead. You can do this. Everyone else believes in you... now just believe in yourself. You should be able to look in the mirror and see a beautiful daughter of God. If you see yourself as your Father in Heaven sees you and have confidence in yourself, you will be unstoppable. It's ok to ask for His help. He is the one true constant in your life. Pray for help and strength and He will help! Love you.

Jessica B said...

This sounds like an amazing weekend! I think it is great that you have a few really good friends helping you to make great choices. Whole wheat pasta is way different, so her making an extra effort just shows how much they love you and how much faith they have that you are in this thing for real! Congrats, two lbs is awesome!!!

Kira's blog said...

I think i need to get the wii fit plus too!

The Sullengers said...

Your sister is so inspiring and so are you! I cry as I read this cause I need to set some goals for myself too! I have 20 lbs to lose, so I'm trying to figure it out. I need a motivation. I know you can do it - you are such a great person - I love you!

Stefany said...

SWEET pic Heather!!! Oh the memories! And I forgot what a crazy vert you had in college! That's freaking awesome! I SO believe in you Heather! You can do this!!!! YOUUUUU can DOOOO this! You are so brave to take this step! I'm pulling for you all the way. I have to ask......why do you have a Friends DVD next to the scale in your weigh-in picture? GREAT choice.....I'm addicted to Friends, but why? Just curious! Go get it Heather! So proud of you! You are an inspiration to us all!

dustin and jessie said...

Heda, I'm so glad you have great friends in Anchorage to help and encourage you! You have always been able to make friends so easily, probably because you are a good friend! I've been listening to an inspirational cd by Zig Ziglar, he said something great that hit home to me ... I've never eaten anything that I didn't choose to put in my own mouth. It has made me stop to think about what I am putting in my own mouth. 1st two lessons in Gospel Doctrine class this year were about our potential and God's intentions for us. He loves you, you are his child, he wants you to be the best you can be ... in EVERY way!! I love you and know you can do whatever YOU decide!! love ya, mom